What Is Google Adsense?
Adsense is an advertising program run by Google. Google analyses the content and keywords of web pages and places relevant targeted advertisements on them. Ads are placed automatically when each page loads.
Google will send you payment as soon as your Adsense account has earned $100 or over. Google handle all your Adsense account details and payments to you.
Howstruct.com does not pay it’s contributors directly or have access or influence over contributor Adsense accounts.
IMPORTANT! You must never click on ads in your articles or get someone else to click them for you. This violates Google’s terms of service and upon discovery you will be likely be banned from both the Google Adsense program and Howstruct.com.
How Does Revenue Sharing Work?
If you take part in our revenue sharing program, you will receive 75% of the impressions from Google Adsense ads displayed above and below your submitted articles. In plain language, when you get an Adsense account and link it to your Howstruct.com profile, we simply insert your publisher ID in place of ours most of the time, making them ads which earn for you! Visitors see your ads 75% of the time, and ours the remaining 25%.
You will then get paid any earnings from these ads through your Google Adsense account. That’s how our revenue-sharing system works. You simply add your Adsense ID into the “My Advertising” box in your Howstruct.com dashboard, and visitors to your articles will see your ads most of the time and our ads every so often. Once set up we are then effectively splitting the revenue from the Adsense ads 75/25 with you.
First you need to get an Adsense account! Getting one is relatively straightforward, but we have written a step-by-step guide for you here anyway in case you need it. There are three basic steps: submitting an Adsense application, waiting for Google to approve your application, and then inputting your Adsense ID into your profile. If you already have an Adsense account go to step 3.
Step 1: Submitting an Adsense Application.
- Go to the Google Adsense web site.
- Click the blue “Sign up now” button on the right.
- Now you’ve got to fill out the application. Important: Where the application asks you for the website URL, type in the URL of your profile page. Google will reject your application if you only type in www.howstruct.com. You must use the URL of your profile. It looks like this:
- Select “English” as the website language.
- Check the two boxes below the website language.
- Select “Individual” as your account type.
- Fill out the rest of the application with your personal information.
- Check the boxes at the bottom of the application to indicate that you agree to abide by the Adsense program policies. (Remember to read the them first before you agree!)
Step 2: Wait for Google to approve your account
You could sit around and wait at this point but it’d be a good idea to write your first article and fill out your profile information. This will help in getting Google to accept your application. An article submission tutorial is available here if you get stuck.
Step 3: Connect your Adsense account to your Howstruct.com profile
If Google approved your application You can now connect your Adsense account to your profile here and start earning money from your writing! If they didn’t approve your application don’t worry! Read through all the steps again, making sure you followed each one correctly. If you did, or have any questions, you can contact us or post in the discussion forums. Don’t forget, we are not affiliated with Google and therefore have no control over the approval of Adsense applications.
- Log in to your Adsense account. At the top of the page, you’ll see an ID that looks like “pub-1234567890…” Copy this ID, including the “pub-” part.
- Go to your Dashboard, then click on ” My Advertising”
- Enter your publisher ID into the entry field.
All done! Now you just need to start writing articles- remember the more you write the more money you will make. Want to maximise your earnings? Read our Money Making Guide for a few tips.